The cost of a bathroom renovation can vary depending on your specific budget and the features you want your new bathroom to have. However, for a medium size bathroom, the renovation cost usually starts from $15,000 (this price doesn’t include fittings, vanities or tiles). Additional costs can be incurred for tasks such as wall removal, custom vanity installation, shower and bath niches, and mirrored cabinets.
Some tips to save money on your bathroom renovation include:
- Maintain the existing layout to eliminate costly structural changes
- Buy products off the shelf rather than opting for custom made
- Buy fittings and fixtures when they’re on sale
- Opt for a free-standing bath over a built-in bath
- Keep the amount of tiles to a minimum
For a bathroom renovation that greatly improves the liveability of your bathroom space by addressing design, layout and quality, a budget of around $15,000 is recommended. However, the budget you decide on is ultimately up to you.